Our flagship technology
CUREfilm® delivers better solubility, bioavailability, and ease of use for a better consumer and patient experience
CUREfilm® is our oral thin film platform for optimizing the absorption and metabolism of therapeutic actives. Oral soluble film technology is a versatile dose form that allows us to create proprietary products with optimal release profiles for better patient outcomes and consumer experiences.
CUREfilm® products are about the size of a postage stamp and can deliver therapeutic actives through the oral mucosal tissue, sublingually or buccally – between the cheek and gum – or more traditionally via the gastrointestinal tract. Oral transmucosal drug delivery is a non-invasive route reserved for pharmaceutical drugs that allows for absorption directly into the vascularized tissue in the mouth, bypassing the hepatic first pass effect. This leads to reduced drug exposure and can offer a rapid onset of action.
Active ingredients in the CUREfilm® dose form can be either pre-solubilized within its matrix or encapsulated, or both for more effective absorption and/or sustained release. As oral thin films quickly dissolve, no water is required for their administration, improving patient compliance – especially among the elderly, children, and in conditions where patients have difficulty in swallowing.
- Sublingual and buccal delivery options for direct absorption into the bloodstream, avoiding first-pass metabolism (pharmaceutical drugs only)
- No need for water, swallowing or chewing
- Multiples actives can be loaded onto each film
- Uniform drug distribution allows for precision dosing
- Potential for faster onset, clinical effect and symptom relief
- Potential for reduced side effects with a lower dose
- Multiple actives up to 200mg
- Stable at room temperature for most active ingredients
- Suitable for both pharmaceuticals and wellness products (per oral only)